As a result of the persistent appearance of new idols who are able to enthrall the listening audience, the K-pop music industry has never been at a standstill. Furthermore, K-pop groups have caught up to one another in terms of breaking new ground with their most recent works.
Some of the many girl groups that are active in the modern era are able to maintain a presence in the music industry in terms of both album sales and digital downloads. The following girl groups have had the most successful first week of album sales in the history of the Hanteo chart. Some of these groups have sold more than one million copies of their albums.
1. The first week of the album’s release on July 8, 2022, saw a total of 1,126,068 copies sold, bringing the total number of copies sold.
2. IVE came in second with sales of 924,363 copies in the first week for their most recent single-album, which was named After LIKE.
3. BLACKPINK has previously established a record with their album THE ALBUM, which sold a total of 689,066 copies in its first week of release. The group will soon be releasing a new album.
4. In its first week of release, ITZY’s CHECKMATE album, which is comprised of seven tracks, achieved sales of 472,394 copies.
5. The ReVe Festival 2022: Reveluv’s long-awaited Feel My Rhythm sold a total of 443,922 copies in its first week after being made available to the public.
6. IZ*ONE is still in sixth place with its mini-album Oneiric Diary, which had sales of 389,334 copies in its first week of release.
7. IVE’s LOVE DIVE album also achieved a huge first week sales of 338,141 copies, further demonstrating its popularity as a first effort.
8. TWICE, with their album “Formula of Love: O+T=”
9. New Jeans got a lot of attention from the public because they were heavily advertised before their official debut. This helped their first album sell 311,271 copies.
10. In its first week of release, the debut album titled FEARLESS by LE SSERAFIM, another new girl group signed to HYBE Labels, sold a total of 307,450 copies.
There is no doubt that a variety of factors contributed to the substantial album sales figures. People don’t hesitate to buy albums from the girl groups above because their songs are catchy and their album themes are unique.